If you plan to skipper a medium to large sailing yacht, this class will enable you to do so. In this course, you will learn to confidently sail a 33-43 foot yacht near shore while also mastering techniques that will enable you to handle the boat under power in close quarters and in higher wind conditions.
This course is two full days (12 to 16 hours) on the water.
This course includes theory plus instructor on-the-water training. This class builds on the basic keelboat class with even more hands-on
Basic Keel Boat.
- All training documentation, cloud-based logbook of experience on the water & instructor verification
- Up to 16 hours of on-the-water practical instruction:
- Hoisting, dousing, furling & unfurling furling sails
- Running & standing rigging, proper winch technique, fresh water & fuel systems, instruments, chart plotter and autopilot.
- Location and use of safety equipment, engine, head, electrical panel, and galley equipment
- Pre and post sail checklist and condition at departure
- Interpreting local and Regional Weather Forecasts
- Developing sailing Float Plan with Local Knowledge
- Maneuvering under power, Anchoring, Docking and Mooring demonstrations and practice
- Steering & Right-of-Way, point out and correctly identify navigation marks
- Heavy weather sailing preparation, sail trim, Man Overboard Recovery, and emergency procedures
- USCC Regulations and safety equipment Check-Out
Enrollment: $675 per person including online courses. 50% deposit due at enrollment. The balance is due 30 days prior to your scheduled course date. Class size is limited to five students.
Call for special pricing to hold this class on your boat.