BAREBOAT CHARTER MASTER / BAREBOAT CRUISING
This course is three full days (21 to 24 hours) on the water.
If you have a minimum of 50 qualifying days on the water, have completed the NauticEd online courses listed below and want to learn what you need to know when chartering an unfamiliar boat, in unfamiliar waters, this program is your answer. Bareboat Charter Master is three days in length but may be delivered according to your availability. Knowledge of provisioning, galley operations, boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, routine maintenance procedures, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation including basic chart plotting, chartplotter and handheld GPS operation, multiple anchoring techniques, mooring, health and safety, docking and emergency operations, weather interpretation, and dinghy/tender operation. Successful completion of the online courses, instructor training and verification of 16 hours experience in your cloud-based NauticEd logbook awards students with NauticEd Bareboat Charter Master Certification which is widely accepted by charter companies.
Our NauticEd interactive theory courses are available immediately on the first day of enrollment and future updates are free. We strongly encourage completing our theory training prior to your first lesson. We have found this to be the quickest way for you to learn to sail as you will be able to spend more time with your instructor actually developing practical skills sailing the boat.
NauticEd Qualified Skipper (or ASA103 or US Sailing Basic Cruising Skipper Requirements)
NauticEd eLearning Modules- Pre-course Online Material Included with This Course:
- Bareboat Charter Course
- Coastal Navigation Course
- Electronic Navigation Course
- Anchoring Course
Sailing Season On the Water Sailing Sessions:
- All training documentation, cloud-based logbook of experience on the water & instructor verification
- 18 hours of on-the-water practical instruction
- Check-out and Check-in, international safety equipment requirements
- Wide screen chartplotter and hand held GPS tutorial
- Sailing autopilot tutorial
- Maneuvering under power in crowded harbors
- Advanced sail control for optimizing points of sail and heel in light, moderate & heavy weather conditions
- Sailboat systems knowledge & troubleshooting
- Clearing Customs & Immigration, documentation and procedures
- Docking, anchoring and mooring under sail and power
- MOB recovery, knots, night time sailing, navigation and pilotage
- Items to bring from home
- What to inspect on the boat that the charter company won’t point out
- Things that you would assume are done automatically but are sometimes not
- How to manage the fridge and freezer
- Dinghy tips
- Repairing minor items on the boat that may fail
- Training your crew
- Quick fixes for an engine that you’re unfamiliar with
Enrollment: $765 per person including materials. 50% deposit due at enrollment. Balance is due 30 days prior to your scheduled class date. Class size is limited to four students.
Call for special pricing to hold this class on your boat.