Never sailed before? You have not sailed for a while and would like a refresher course? Have you recently purchased a sailboat that you are unfamiliar with? Sailing Season can help. Get started with our three-hour, customized, on-the-water sailing instruction. Experience an introduction to seamanship and the bliss of a perfect day boating. This class can be tailored to your individual needs.
None- Beginner-level course
- Safety First" introduction to proper use of equipment, personal flotation devices (PFDs), and emergency procedures
- Seamanship- the terminology of sailing, the responsibilities of the Skipper and Crew, describing and locating the wind, tying a bowline, sheet bend, cleat hitch, rolling hitch, and stopper knots, reviewing local regulations and the basic Rules of the Road for boating
- On-the-water instruction on how to deploy, trim and stow the sails
- Learn to sail the points-of-sail & the triangular course
- Docking and spring line review
- Review customized to your needs