If you plan to skipper a medium to large sailing yacht, this class will enable you to do so. In this course, you will learn to confidently sail a 33-43 foot yacht near shore while also mastering techniques that will enable you to handle the boat under power in close quarters and in higher wind conditions.
This course is two full days (14 to 16 hours) on the water.
This course includes online theory plus instructor on-deck training. Successful completion of the online theory, instructor training, and verification, plus a minimum of 10 qualifying days on the water logged in your NauticEd cloud-based logbook will qualify a student to be awarded NauticEd Skipper Certification (level 1). This may be fast-tracked with 4 logged days and competency verification by your NauticEd instructor.
Our NauticEd, web-based, interactive theory courses are available immediately on the first day of enrollment and future updates are free. We strongly encourage completing our theory training prior to your first lesson. We have found this to be the quickest way for you to learn to sail as you will be able to spend more time with your instructor actually developing practical skills sailing the boat.
None, this is an introductory learn-to-sail course.
- All training documentation, cloud-based logbook of experience on the water & instructor verification
- 16 hours of on-the-water practical instruction:
- Hoisting, dousing, furling & unfurling furling sails
- Running & standing rigging, proper winch technique, fresh water & fuel systems, instruments, chartplotter and autopilot.
- Location and use of safety equipment, engine, head, electrical panel and galley equipment
- Pre and post sail checklist and condition at departure
- Interpreting local and Regional Weather Forecasts
- Developing sailing Float Plan with Local Knowledge
- Maneuvering under power, Anchoring, Docking and Mooring demonstrations and practice
- Steering & Right-of-Way, point out and correctly identify navigation marks
- Heavy weather sailing preparation, sail trim, Man Overboard Recovery and emergency procedures
- USCC Regulations and safety equipment Check-Out
Enrollment: $675 per person including online courses. 50% deposit due at enrollment. The balance is due 30 days prior to your scheduled course date. Class size is limited to five students.
Call for special pricing to hold this class on your boat.